Today, I’d like to share my daily checklist for network marketers. I’m a big fan of checklists and “to-do” lists.
I learned about “checklists” during my time in the Army and I decided to incorporate them into my MLM Business as well. In the Army, there are checklists for everything. There are pre-flight checklists all pilots must go through before they can take off. There are checklists for inspections you must follow. There are checklists for doing certain jobs. These checklists force people to focus and do the right tasks in the right order, so they achieve a certain result or standard. As I see it, checklists help reduce human error.
We are all pressed for time. Most people in our industry have a day job, a family, and outside of the home responsibilities. By the time they get home, eat dinner, spend some time with their family and watch their favorite television show there isn’t much time left in the day to build the business.
There are only 24-hours in a day. I’ve found that if you don’t have written priorities SCHEDULED in your day planner or written down on a “to do” list, there is a good chance it won’t get done. Life just gets in the way.
I suggest to everyone on my team, and to all other network marketers as well, to have a daily checklist or “to-do” list covering the few critical tasks they must do that day to build their network marketing business.
Example Daily Checklist for Network Marketers
Here is an example daily checklist for network marketers, specifically part-timers.
_____ Make two exposures
_____ Ask two people to order a product
_____ Follow-up with two people
_____ Talk with your coach
_____ 15-minutes of personal development
You could literally complete these five tasks in 45-minutes or less.
My Daily Checklist for My MLM Business
Here is my current daily checklist for my network marketing business. I can do these activities in about two and a half hours per day.
_____ Connect with 30 new prospects on LinkedIn daily (5-10 minutes)
_____ Recognize 3 people daily in Facebook group (5-minutes)
_____ Send daily Herculist email and place ad (10-minutes)
_____ Monitor COOP and ads (15-minutes)
_____ Empty Holding Tank (5-minutes)
_____ Add all new PEMs to Mighty Giant and send daily email (15-minutes)
_____ Update team Facebook group (15-minutes)
_____ Mail 30 postcards (10-minutes)
_____ Send out 3 handwritten notes (5-minutes)
_____ Talk with Key Leaders (5-minutes)
_____ Chat with 5 active PEMs (5 to 10-minutes)
_____ Read (15-minutes)
_____ Watch personal development podcast or video (15-minutes)
_____ Text PEMs every Thursday (20-minutes)
_____ Tuesday webinar (60-minutes)
Please keep in mind I am a full-time network marketer. Do not compare yourself to what I do. Instead, write down something that works for you.
Activities for Your Daily Checklist
What you will see below are 80 different activities you could do to grow your network marketing business. I suggest you pick minimum ONE idea from each category and do those four tasks each day.
- Post a Facebook Live
- Talk to two strangers
- Cold call two people
- Private message 2 new people on Facebook
- Add 5 new friends on Facebook
- Connect with 3 new people on LinkedIn
- Send out three direct messages on Twitter
- Mail 5 postcards
- Mail 2 handwritten notes
- Wear a button
- Respond to five spam emails with your link
- Do an in home-party
- Create a podcast
- Write and publish an article or blog post
- Hand out 5 drop cards
- Collect 3 business cards
- Attend a local networking event
- Wear your company clothing
- Visit a flea market and hand out drop cards and business cards
- Visit a job fair to network with people
- Post an ad online, such as Craigslist
- Give out a free sample
- Leave a voicemail explaining what you do
- Update your own email signature
- Add a brief overview of your business or products on your own voicemail
- Engage on other people’s social media posts
- Leave a blog comment with your link
- Leave a forum comment with your link
- Mail a prospect a birthday card
- Offer someone a free sample
- Speak at a local event
- Volunteer for a cause you are passionate about to meet new people
- Add 10 people to your name’s list
- Set up a bandit sign
- Place a classified ad in the newspaper
- Ask each person you talk with for referrals
- Place an ad on traffic exchanges and safelists
- Post your drop cards on bulletin boards
- Instagram stories
- Have a contest
- Hand out flyers
- Create a free Google Business listing
- Create a free Yellow Pages listing
- Contact a former distributor who quit and ask them to reactivate
- Contact a former customer and ask them to reorder
- Send out a weekly email newsletter to your prospects
- Mail a postcard or handwritten note
- Create a Facebook group for your prospects
- Invite your prospect to attend a local event, conference call, or webinar with you
- Call or text your prospect
- Offer someone a gift card or discount on their first order
- Utilize your CRM or autoresponder to send an email message
- Contact your new team member 7 days after they order to see how they like their products
- Look the person in the eyes and ask them to buy a product from you
Duplication & Support
- Launch a new distributor
- Help a team member make their name’s list
- Walk someone through the team’s getting started training
- Teach a team member a new skill
- Help your team member enroll someone
- Do a meeting for a team member
- Conduct a three-way call with a team member
- Do a training session for your team
- Recognize a team member publicly
- Thank a team member publicly
- Recommend a book or video for them to watch
- Tell them about an upcoming event
- Meet with a team member for lunch or coffee
- Share a helpful article or video that will help them develop a skill
- Share a testimonial about a product that might benefit them
- Send them a present or gift
- Lead by example
- Reach out to someone in depth you have not met before and ask them if they need help with anything
- Read for 15-minutes
- Watch a personal development video or podcast
- Attend a live or local event
- Counsel with your upline, sponsor or coach
- Listen to an audio book while you drive
- Learn more about a specific product
- Attend a company or team event or webinar
This is by no means an inclusive list. Instead, I simply wanted to share ideas that would help you. If you can identify additional income producing activities not listed above, by all means include them to your list.
I HIGHLY suggest you come up with a daily checklist for your network marketing business. Put three to seven money producing tasks on your list each day. Remember, the only money producing activities in your network marketing business are prospecting, showing the plan, following up, getting customers and training your team. Make sure those are the activities you place on your daily checklist for network marketers.
This business is not rocket science. Success boils down to doing a few simple things every day, over and over until you reach your goals. Most people fail in our industry because they do not focus, and they are not persistent and consistent!
Take 15-minutes right now and come up with a daily checklist for your network marketing business. Post it by your computer, put a copy in your day planner and one on the refrigerator. Make sure you do everything on your list at least five days a week, and preferably six days a week. Do that for two to three years and I know you will have a big business. Don’t do it and you will fail.
What are your thoughts? What do you think about my daily checklist for network marketers? Leave a comment below to let me know what you think. I look forward to hearing from you.