Arieyl is in a bit of a weird place right now. The company is being actively promoted but as of yet doesn’t have a webpage.
“Arieyl.com” appears to be registered but is currently being redirected to the company’s official Facebook page.
Heading up Arieyl are co-CEOs Kristen and Travis Butler:
The Butlers are based out of Florida in the US, which is presumably from where Arieyl will be operated.
Prior to founding Arieyl Kristen and Travis Butler made a name for themselves in My Daily Choice.
In March 2016, BusinessForHome pegged the Butlers’ estimated monthly My Daily Choice income at $537,000 a month.
In mid 2018 the Butler’s boasted they and their downline held ’36 of the top 125 spots in our company.’
On or around February 2019, the Butler’s had a My Daily Choice downline of ‘13,000 and (an) average 30-40 enrollments per month’.
I found one of their downline boasting on Facebook about how the Butlers had made over four million dollars in My Daily Choice, as at October 2019.
In an Arieyl announcement video, Travis Butler discloses he and his wife made seven million dollars in MDC “in three years”.
The Butlers continued to promote MDC until around the end of the first quarter of 2020. I have been unable to find out why they left.
Promotion for Arieyl began earlier this month.
As it stands Arieyl is officially in pre-launch. A reader wrote in requesting a review and, seeing as Arieyl’s compensation plan has been made public, I figured I had enough to publish a review.
Read on for a full review of Arieyl’s MLM opportunity.
Without a website or distributed product catalog I can’t provide a full list of Arieyl’s products.
What we do know is essentially they’ve cloned My Daily Choice’s CBD range, offered under their Hempworx branding.
Products featured on Arieyl’s official Facebook page feed include:
- 500mg/100mg CBD oil – 1 fl. oz. (30 ml);
- 600/150 mg CBD gummies;
- zeolite tincture;
- CBD bath salts;
- CBD relief cream; and
- 300 mg CBD and organic fruits and vegetables supplement
At the time of publication retail pricing for Arieyl’s products has not been disclosed.
Arieyl’s Compensation Plan
Arieyl’s compensation plan combines a fast start bonus (unilevel) and residual commissions (binary).
A Matching Bonus is paid on residual commissions, along with several rank-based performance bonuses.
Arieyl Affiliate Ranks
There are eleven affiliate ranks within Arieyl’s compensation plan.
Along with their respective qualification criteria, they are as follows:
- Rockstar – sign up as an Arieyl affiliate and maintain 35 PV a month
- Gold – sign up as an Arieyl affiliate with a $200+ product order, or generate and maintain 90 PV and 1000 GV a month
- Platinum – sign up as an Arieyl affiliate with a $500+ product order, or generate and maintain 90 PV and 2500 GV a month
- Ruby – recruit three affiliates and generate 5000 GV a month, or generate and maintain 90 PV and 5000 GV a month and recruit and maintain three 90 PV a month affiliates
- Emerald – maintain 90 PV a month, generate 10,000 GV a month and maintain three personally recruited 90 PV a month affiliates
- Sapphire – maintain 90 PV a month, generate 25,000 GV a month and maintain three personally recruited 90 PV a month affiliates
- Diamond – maintain 90 PV a month, generate 50,000 GV a month and maintain three personally recruited 90 PV a month affiliates
- Black Diamond – maintain 90 PV A month, generate 100,000 GV a month and maintain three personally recruited 90 PV a month affiliates
- Legend – maintain 90 PV a month, generate 250,000 GV a month and maintain three personally recruited 90 PV a month affiliates
- Icon – maintain 90 PV a month, generate 500,000 GV a month and maintain three personally recruited 90 PV a month affiliates
- Mogul – maintain 90 PV a month, generate 1,000,000 GV a month and maintain three personally recruited 90 PV a month affiliates
PV stands for “Personal Volume” and is sales volume generated by retail customer orders and an affiliate’s own purchases.
GV stands for “Group Volume” and is PV generated by an affiliate and their downline.
Note that from Ruby rank, no more than 50% of required GV can come from any one unilevel team leg.
Arieyl affiliates are paid on sales to retail customers.
Retail commissions are calculated as the difference between the retail and wholesale price of products ordered.
Fast Money commissions are paid on sales volume generated by the first order placed by a preferred customer or recruited affiliate.
Arieyl pays Fast Money through a unilevel compensation structure.
A unilevel compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a unilevel team, with every personally recruited affiliate placed directly under them (level 1):
If any level 1 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 2 of the original affiliate’s unilevel team.
If any level 2 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 3 and so on and so forth down a theoretical infinite number of levels.
Arieyl caps Fast Money at ten unilevel team levels:
- Rockstars earn 30% on level 1 (personally referred preferred customers and recruited affiliates)
- Golds earn 35% on level 1 and 10% on level 2
- Platinums earn 50% on level 1, 10% on level 2 and 5% on level 3
- Rubys earn 50% on level 1, 10% on level 2 and 5% on levels 3 and 4
- Emeralds earn 50% on level 1, 10% on level 2, 5% on levels 3 and 4 and 3% on level 5
- Sapphires earn 50% on level 1, 10% on level 2 5% on levels 3 and 4 and 3% on levels 5 and 6
- Diamonds earn 50% on level 1, 10% on level 2, 5% on levels 3 and 4, 3% on levels 5 and 6 and 2% on level 6
- Black Diamonds earn 50% on level 1, 10% on level 2, 5% on levels 3 and 4, 3% on levels 5 and 6 and 2% on levels 6 and 7
- Legends earn 50% on level 1, 10% on level 2, 5% on levels 3 and 4, 3% on levels 5 and 6, 2% on levels 7 and 8 and 1% on level 9
- Icons and Moguls earn 50% on level 1, 10% on level 2, 5% on levels 3 and 4, 3% on levels 5 and 6, 2% on levels 7 and 8 and 1% on levels 9 and 10
Arieyl pays residual commissions via a binary compensation structure.
A binary compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a binary team, split into two sides (left and right):
The first level of the binary team houses two positions. The second level of the binary team is generated by splitting these first two positions into another two positions each (4 positions).
Subsequent levels of the binary team are generated as required, with each new level housing twice as many positions as the previous level.
Positions in the binary team are filled via direct and indirect recruitment of affiliates. Note there is no limit to how deep a binary team can grow.
Residual commission volume is paid on preferred customer and downline affiliate orders.
At the end of each monthly pay-period Arieyl tallies up new sales volume on both sides of the binary team.
Residual commissions are paid as a percentage of volume generated on their weaker binary team side.
- Rockstars earn 10% capped at $1000 a month
- Gold earn 12% capped at $1500 a month
- Platinums earn 15% capped at $2500 a month
- Rubys earn 15% capped at $5000 a month
- Emeralds earn 15% capped at $10,000 a month
- Sapphires earn 15% capped at $25,000 a month
- Diamonds earn 15% capped at $50,000 a month
- Black Diamonds earn 15% capped at $100,000 a month
- Legends earn 15% capped at $250,000 a month
- Icons earn 17% capped at $500,000 a month
- Moguls earn 20% capped at $1,000,000 a month
Once paid out on, volume it matched against the stronger binary team side and flushed. Any leftover volume on the stronger binary team side carries over.
Note that to qualify for residual commissions, an Arieyl affiliate must
- generate and maintain 35 PV a month at Rockstar, or 90 PV a month for Gold and higher ranks;
- generate at least 90 GV from personally recruited affiliates in both binary team legs; and
- generate at least 300 GV in both binary team legs.
Check Match Bonus
Arieyl pays a Check Match Bonus on residual commissions earned by downline affiliates.
The Check Match Bonus is paid out using the same unilevel compensation structure used to pay Fast Money (see above), capped at the same ten levels.
- Rockstars earn a 20% match on level 1 (personally recruited affiliates)
- Golds earn a 25% match on level 1 and 20% on level 2
- Platinums earn a 30% match on level 1, 20% on level 2 and 10% on level 3
- Rubys earn a 30% match on level 1, 20% on level 2, 10% on level 3 and 5% on level 4
- Emeralds earn a 30% match on level 1, 20% on level 2, 10% on level 3, 5% on level 4 and 3% on level 5
- Sapphires earn a 30% match on level 1, 20% on level 2, 10% on level 3, 5% on level 4 and 3% on levels 5 and 6
- Diamonds earn a 30% match on level 1, 20% on level 2, 10% on level 3, 5% on level 4, 3% on levels 5 and 6 and 2% on level 7
- Black Diamonds earn a 35% match on level 1, 20% on level 2, 10% on level 3, 5% on level 4, 3% on levels 5 and 6 and 2% on levels 7 and 8
- Legends earn 35% on level 1, 20% on level 2, 10% on level 3, 5% on level 4, 3% on levels 5 and 6, 2% on levels 7 and 8 and 1% on level 9
- Icons and Moguls earn 35% on level 1, 20% on level 2, 10% on level 3, 5% on level 4, 3% on levels 5 and 6, 2% on levels 7 and 8 and 1% on levels 9 and 10
Way to Slay Bonus
The Way to Slay Bonus rewards Arieyl affiliates for promoting to Ruby within their first month.
Arieyl affiliates who meet this qualification criteria receive a one-time $500 Way to Slay Bonus.
Note that the Way to Slay Bonus is paid over two consecutive months, and that Ruby rank must be maintained over these two months to receive the full $500 bonus.
Rank Achievement Bonuses
Arieyl rewards affiliates for qualifying at Ruby and higher with the following one-time Rank Achievement Bonuses:
- qualify at Ruby and receive $500
- qualify at Emerald and receive $1000
- qualify at Sapphire and receive $2500
- qualify at Diamond and receive $5000
- qualify at Black Diamond and receive $10,000
- qualify at Legend and receive $25,000
- qualify at Icon and receive $50,000
- qualify at Mogul and receive $100,000
Note that ranks must be qualified for and maintained for three consecutive months before the Rank Achievement Bonus is paid out.
If an affiliate loses rank during these three consecutive months, the monthly counter resets back to zero.
Reign and Legacy Bonuses
The Reign Bonus is a rank-based bonus that pays out for twenty months after initial rank qualification is met.
- qualify at Ruby and receive $150 a month ($3000 total)
- qualify at Emerald and receive $250 a month ($5000 total)
- qualify at Sapphire and receive $500 a month ($10,000 total)
- qualify at Diamond and receive $1000 a month ($20,000 total)
- qualify at Black Diamond and receive $2500 a month ($40,000 total)
- qualify at Legend and receive $5000 a month ($100,000 total)
- qualify at Icon and receive $10,000 a month ($200,000 total)
- qualify at Mogul and receive $20,000 a month ($400,000 total)
Rank must be maintained for the duration of the twenty-month bonus period.
Note that only one Reign Bonus is paid out, based on the affiliate’s qualified for rank. As I understand it the twenty-month bonus period resets every new higher rank qualified for.
After the twenty-month Reign Bonus period ends, monthly payments continue above as a Legacy Bonus.
The Legacy Bonus is paid out monthly as long as an affiliate maintains qualification criteria for Ruby or higher.
Arieyl affiliates who meet rank qualification criteria for 36 consecutive months (any rank), qualify for the Loyalty Bonus.
At the time of publication Loyalty Bonus details are not available.
Arieyl affiliate membership is $25 plus the purchase of at least one product.
Gold rank can be purchased by signing up for $25 and spending $200+ on Arieyl products.
Platinum rank can be purchased by signing up for $25 and spending $500+ on Arieyl products.
Both Gold and Platinum ranks provide a financial advantage through Arieyl’s compensation plan.
Arieyl’s elephant in the room is Kristen and Travis Butler walking away from their My Daily Choice position.
They made millions in the company, built a sizable downline and have dropped it all to go off on their own. And what they’ve come up with is quite clearly their take on My Daily Choice’s CBD offering (Hempworx).
I’m not privy to what’s going on at My Daily Choice, but we did recently document their descent into securities fraud. Whether that was a factor in the Butler’s abandoning the company is unclear.
In any event it should be painfully obvious that whether they actively recruit or not, the foundation of Arieyl is going to be their My Daily Choice downline. Whether they survive potential legal retaliation remains to be seen.
Personally I think they do need to address why they left. I sat through a few of their Arieyl announcement videos and while the Butlers do discuss their past, they avoid discussing why they left My Daily Choice.
I can only assume this is a conscious decision on their part, with the end-result being awkwardness.
Fair enough they and their My Daily Choice inner circle know, but if you’re going to front a publicly-facing MLM company, this is something that needs to be addressed.
Moving on, I found it a bit strange that compensation details have been made public when it’s unclear what the full extent of Arieyl’s product line is going to be.
If you have to time to publish teaser photos on social media, you have time to put together a basic product list. That compensation details have been made public prior to the product line and retail pricing, leads into a concern I have about the focus of the company.
It is clear that Arieyl’s compensation plan is geared to signing up, spending 90 PV a month yourself and recruiting others who do the same.
This starts with the company’s pay to play rank purchasing options, which have no place in a legitimate MLM company.
Allowing affiliates to purchase rank, which impacts their financial potential off the bat, is pay to play. From a regulatory perspective, this is a red flag and indicative of a pyramid scheme.
By tying product purchases to commission qualification, Arieyl is setting itself up to function as a product-based pyramid scheme.
Yes retail is possible, yes alternative rank qualification criteria exists – but that doesn’t negate me being able to sign up, buy rank, buy 90 PV of product each month and get paid to recruit others who do the same.
In one of Arieyl’s marketing videos, Kristen Butler states people will choose the most expensive Platinum sign up option
because you realize the power of unlocking even more compensation, so you spend $500 or more in your product purchase.
Products? What products. The intention is clearly to spend that much to maximize commission potential, and that’s a problem.
Beyond that there’s nothing in Arieyl’s compensation plan that otherwise stood out. Instead of a range of bonuses the emphasis is on the Matching Bonus and monthly rank bonuses.
There’s no issues with that but the pay to play component makes for a shaky foundation.
Some of this ties into the Butler’s leaving My Daily Choice. Did they have a sizable retail business and, if so, what happened to it?
This snippet, taken from our published January 2015 My Daily Choice review, is just as relevant today for Arieyl;
Unfortunately there is a question of retail viability in how the rest of the plan is set up, particularly its leaning towards recruiting affiliates and signing them up on autoship,
If the Butler’s walked from My Daily Choice because recruitment tanked, all they’ve done is promote themselves to executives – to dodge what inevitably happens in every autoship recruitment focused MLM opportunity.
And so the cycle starts up again, with anyone successful in Arieyl likely to come to the same realization the Butlers did earlier this year. Everyone who isn’t successful is of course just collateral damage.
The good news is that given Arieyl is in prelaunch, it’s not too late to respond to and address these issues. Inevitably the Butlers are going to wind up reading this review, so ignorance is not an excuse.
Keep an eye on the comments below, and I’ll be sure to publish an update if I receive an official corporate response.
If however you’re reading this months after publication and nothing has been addressed, proceed accordingly.