BTTycoon provides no information on its website about who owns or runs the company.
As I write this BTTycoon’s website only offers a mobile subdomain, which is essentially a marketing pitch for the company’s app.
No information about who owns or runs BTTycoon is provided.
BTTycoon’s website domain (“bttycoon.net”) was registered on March 23rd, 2020. Domain ownership details are not available.
BTTycoon’s domain was purchased through a Chinese registrar. The company’s website is also hosted with a Chinese provider.
Along with BTTycoon’s marketing material being presented in Chinese, this suggests whoever owns the company at the very least speaks Chinese.
There’s a strong likelihood BTTycoon’s owner is based out of South-east Asia in a Chinese speaking country.
As always, if an MLM company is not openly upfront about who is running or owns it, think long and hard about joining and/or handing over any money.
BTTycoon has no retailable products or services, with affiliates only able to market BTTycoon affiliate membership itself.
BTTycoon’s Compensation Plan
BTTycoon affiliates invest BitTorrent tokens (BTT), on the promise of advertised returns.
Note that BTTycoon presents their investment plans as “jobs” and “companies”, hence the strange names.
- Western-style Restaurant Waiter – invest 150,000 to 800,000 BTT and receive 103% over 24 hours
- Projectionist – invest 400,000 to 1,200,000 BTT and receive 103.6% over 3 days
- Western-style Restaurant Supervisor – invest 300,000 to 800,000 BTT and receive 103.6% over 3 days
- Supermarket Cashier – invest 300,000 to 1,000,000 BTT and receive 103.6% over 3 days
- Cinema Manager – invest 500,000 to 1,800,000 BTT and receive 109.1% over 7 days
- Supermarket Warehouse Manager B invest 600,000 to 1,500,000 BTT and receive 109.1% over 7 days
- Playground Security Guard – invest 800,000 to 1,500,000 and receive 109.1% over 7 days
- Quality Inspector in Factor – invest 1,000,000 to 2,000,000 BTT and receive 122.5% over 15 days
- Playground Equipment Maintainer – invest 1,200,000 to 2,000,000 BTT and receive 122.5% over 15 days
- R&D Engineer – invest 1,500,000 to 3,000,000 and receive 151% over 30 days
- Video Game Key Animator – invest 1,500,000 to 3,000,000 BTT and receive 151% over 30 days
- Game Programmer – invest 2,500,000 to 5,000,000 BTT and receive 154% over 30 days
- Doctor – invest 3,000,000 to 6,000,000 BTT and receive 190% over 45 days
- University Math Teacher – invest 3,500,000 to 6,000,000 and receive 190% over 45 days
- Nurse – invest 2,500,000 to 4,500,000 BTT and receive 154% over 30 days
- University Physics Professor – invest 5,000,000 to 10,000,000 BTT and receive 199% over 45 days
- Community Convenience Store – invest 9,980,000 BTT and receive 298% over an undisclosed number of days
- Western-style Restaurant – invest 10,000,000 BTT and receive 166% over an undisclosed number of days
- Cinema – invest 12,000,000 BTT and receive 238% over 60 days
- Instrument Processing Plant – invest 13,000,000 and receive 307% over an undisclosed number of days
- Small Clinic – invest 14,000,000 BTT over an undisclosed number of days
- Playground – invest 14,800,000 and receive 316% over an undisclosed number of days
- High-end Western-style Restaurant – invest 15,000,000 BTT and receive 238% over an undisclosed number of days
- Michelin-starred Western-style Restaurant – invest 20,000,000 BTT and receive 325% over 90 days
- Supermarket – invest 25,000,000 BTT and receive 340% over an undisclosed number of days
- Major Film Studio – invest 25,000,000 BTT and receive 325% over 90 days
- Equipment Manufacturing Plan – invest 28,800,000 BTT and receive 400% over an undisclosed number of days
- Community Hospital – invest 29,800,000 BTT and receive 400% over an undisclosed number of days
- Video Game Studio – invest 30,000,000 BTT and receive 325% over 90 days
- Vocational Training School – invest 32,800,000 BTT and receive 325% over 90 days
- Amusement Park – invest 36,000,000 BTT and receive 412% over 120 days
- Private University – invest 45,800,000 BTT and receive 460% over 120 days
- Listed Video Game Company – invest 68,000,000 BTT and receive 520% over 150 days
- Transnational Scientific Research Center – invest 198,800,000 BTT and receive 676% over 180 days
I’ve marked some of the investment plans as paying over an undisclosed amount of days, as the BTTycoon presentation cited for this review had those figures blocked out.
If you’re wondering about the investment and return overlap, it’s because BTTycoon only permits investment between 9am to 9 PM.
Plans are available in time-limited pairs of two throughout these hours.
BTTycoon affiliates are also restricted on how many plans they can invest in, based from the first date they invested.
BTTycoon Affiliate Ranks
There are three affiliate ranks within BTTycoon’s compensation plan.
Along with their respective qualification criteria, they are as follows:
- Ordinary Headhunter – sign up as a BTTycoon affiliate and invest
- Senior Headhunter – generate 20 investment contracts across your personally recruited affiliates or 50 investment contracts down three levels of recruitment
- Expert Headhunter – generate 50 investment contracts across your personally recruited affiliates or 100 investment contracts down three levels of recruitment
BTTycoon pays residual commissions via a unilevel compensation structure.
A unilevel compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a unilevel team, with every personally recruited affiliate placed directly under them (level 1):
If any level 1 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 2 of the original affiliate’s unilevel team.
If any level 2 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 3 and so on and so forth down a theoretical infinite number of levels.
BTTycoon caps payable unilevel team levels at twenty.
Residual commissions are paid out as a percentage of returns paid to affiliates across these twenty levels based on rank:
- Ordinary Headhunters receive 5% on level 1 (personally recruited affiliates), 3% on level 2 and 2% on level 3
- Senior Headhunters receive 5% on level 1, 3% on level 2, 2% on level 3 and 1% on levels 4 to 10
- Expert Headhunters receive 5% on level 1, 3% on level 2, 2% on level 3 and 1% on levels 4 to 20
BTTycoon affiliate membership appears to be free.
Full participation in BTTycoon’s attached income opportunity requires a minimum 150,000 BTT investment.
BitTorrent token is your typical pointless token. And this is reflected in the token’s trading value history.
BTT public trading began on or around February 2019 at $0.000467. in May 2019 BTT pumped to $0.001753.
This prompted early adopters (pumpers) to cash out, and BTT has since dumped to about half of what it originally traded at.
Over the past few months, BTT has risen back to $0.0004 or so.
BTT was launched by BitTorrent Inc., who today go by Rainberry Inc.
Rainberry Inc. is owned by TRON, a cryptocurrency company founded by Justin Sun in 2017.
On Twitter Rainberry Inc. still goes by BitTorrent Inc., and for their part they’re wholly supportive of BTTycoon.
Why does any of this matter?
Rainberry Inc. is headquartered in the US state of California, and BTTycoon is quite obviously committing securities fraud.
BTT itself is a TRC-10 shittoken. It’s created out of thin air on the TRON network at little to no cost.
Basically it’s TRON’s version of the ethereum erc-20 shittokens, which by and large are only used to commit financial fraud – at least in the MLM sector.
So we have BTTycoon adopting BTT, with the support of US company Rainberry Inc., to commit securities fraud.
BTTycoon’s securities fraud is rooted in their offering of passive returns on BTT investment.
You sign up as a BTTycoon investor, invest your BTT through the company’s app and collect a passive return.
Commissions are paid on BTT returns paid to recruited downlines, adding an additional pyramid layer to the scheme.
BTT is of course currently worth a fraction of a cent, and all of this is set up in the hope BTT will pump.
Rainberry Inc. has a vested financial interest in BTT pumping. TRON and the companies it owns hold 58.9% of BTT (as per the Feb 2019 BTT whitepaper).
It seems they’re not fussed how BTT is resurrected, even if that means supporting third-parties engaged in securities fraud.
Neither TRON, Rainberry Inc. or BTTycoon are registered with the SEC. BTTycoon as the issuer of the security (passive investment opportunity), is most definitely illegal.
TRON might also find itself in hot water should the SEC investigate, as promotion of unregistered securities is also illegal.
Not withstanding any undisclosed financial arrangements that might exist between TRON, any of its subsidiaries and BTTycoon.
Getting back to BTTycoon’s MLM opportunity, it’s your usual pump and dump story-line.
Like TRON, whoever owns BTTycoon is also likely sitting on a ton of BTT they want to cash out – but not at the price they paid for it.
Cue BTTycoon, which serves as a recruitment tool to rope new investors into BTT.
New suckers come on board and pay real money for worthless BTT tokens. The hope is that this pumps BTT, allowing BTTycoon’s owners and early adopters to cash out.
That will inevitably cause another dump, which leaves the majority of BTTycoon affiliates bagholding a worthless token and taking a loss.
Transfer of non-wealth etc. etc.